- What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a text file that a mobile application, a website or other digital environment stores on a computer, tablet, smartphone or any other similar device with navigation information such as a label that identifies your device. Cookies are necessary to understand how users interact with our digital environments and help us improve your user experience. Cookies do not harm your computer or device.
When we speak of “Cookies” we also refer to other similar technologies for installing and/or collecting information on or about your device (such as beacons, flash cookies, HTML5, bugs or pixels, and SDK technologies for mobile application formats. The term “Cookies” also applies to the use of fingerprinting techniques. Those information combination techniques that help us identify your passage through our websites. Sometimes, they work together with cookies either to collect and store information or to provide you with certain features or services on our websites.
- What types of Cookies exist?
Depending on the owner of the Cookies, they can be classified as:
- Own cookies: They are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself from which the platform or service requested by the user is offered.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s computer or device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Depending on the purpose of the Cookie, they can be classified as:
- Strictly necessary cookies (technical): They allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in them.
- Functionality or personalization cookies: They allow the user to remember information so that the user can access the service or platform with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users.
- Analysis cookies: They allow to quantify the number of users, the sections visited on the platform and how they interact with it, in order to carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users.
- What are Cookies used for on our Platform?
The main objective of our Cookies is to make your browsing experience more comfortable and efficient. They are used to remember your preferences (such as language) during navigation and on future visits. We also use our Cookies to improve our services and websites.
The information collected in the Cookies also allows us to improve our websites through estimates of statistical data and usage patterns (number of visits, most visited sections, visit time, etc.), to know statistically how users interact with the Platform in order to improve our Services.
In any case, in the Cookies that we use we never store sensitive information such as passwords, credit or debit card data, etc.
- Who uses the information stored in Cookies?
The information stored in the Cookies of our Platform is used exclusively by us, with the exception of those identified in section 2 as “Third Party Cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities to provide us with services aimed at improving the user experience by browse our websites.